we have one mission
To help you finally find that teacher-life balance you've been looking for while also being an amazing teacher for your students.
The EB Teachers’ Club is an exclusive membership for Middle School ELA Teachers who are ready to streamline their planning process — while increasing student engagement and learning outcomes (and having fun along the way)!
Let's be real ...
It’s totally possible to reach your breaking point, even if (maybe especially if) you’re a great teacher.
Chances are pretty good that you became an ELA teacher because you’re passionate about connecting with your students and watching them grow.
But the warm, fuzzy feelings tend to evaporate when you’re sitting at home for the fifth consecutive Sunday, staring down a pile of ungraded persuasive essays on Tuck Everlasting.
Monday is looming...and you don’t have a lesson planned, either...
...so you’re frantically looking for ideas on TPT and Pinterest, hoping to find something that’s fun and rigorous and addresses at least one or two state standards and will take up the full 50-minute class period.
(Oh, and can it also teach grammar? Pretty please?)
Meanwhile, you’re sitting out another family event. Today it’s a baseball game, but next week it might be a picnic with good friends.
And if you’re being honest, weekdays are no better...
You manage to duct-tape things together for a few hours to help your own kids with their homework, but the second that 8 PM rolls around, you’re back to plugging numbers into the ol’ online gradebook.
Isn’t it time you started feeling good about teaching again?
how would it feel to . . .
There Are 4 Things You Need to Understand if You Want to Take Back Control of Your ELA Teaching Career
It IS possible for ELA teachers to achieve work-life balance.
We know. It takes hours to plan lessons that incorporate all of the topics you need to teach...and if you’re honest with yourself, part of the reason is that you’re picky about making sure that the resources that you use are rigorous.
And lesson planning is only half the battle.
Grading means providing actionable feedback on stacks of 3-page essays...not running Scantrons through a machine.
But...hard as it may be to believe…
It doesn’t have to be that way.
With the right techniques—and resources—at your fingertips, you can win back those nights and weekends.
Lessons can be challenging and engaging.
Not every fun activity you find online is tough enough to challenge your students.
On the flip side, students can get easily frustrated by being asked to do challenging work that doesn’t actually speak to them.
But if your resources can do 3 things:
- Incorporate the standards that your kids need to meet
- Focus on topics that they’re going to enjoy learning about
- Teach writing, literary analysis, and more through cutting-edge strategies that are fun to put into practice
...then you’re going to see that outcomes can improve while students are having a blast.
You can find the time to teach everything you need...if you structure your lessons right.
One of the biggest challenges ELA teachers face is that you have ONE class period to teach grammar, writing, vocabulary, reading comprehension, literary analysis…
When you start thinking about it, it can make you question if you really are hitting all the standards.
(Especially if all you were given to start with was a printed PDF of those standards and a couple of boxes full of novels that you need to teach.)
You can’t control every aspect of teaching...but you can be more strategic about your approach.
There are always going to be wild cards (wait, why are we even telling you that when you’ve survived all the challenges the past few years have thrown at you??) but you can set yourself up to handle them easily.
What you can’t do is fend off all of these challenges while trying to lesson plan, grade, and manage a classroom on a day-by-day or hour-by-hour basis.
Otherwise, your work life starts to look a bit like this:
If you think that you can keep doing things by the seat of your pants, we need to talk. Chances are you know deep down that it’s not working...you just aren’t sure what to do differently.
That’s why we developed the EB Teachers’ Club.
We know from experience that you’re facing near-endless demands on your time, your energy, and your expertise.
As far as resources go, you’re often starting with empty file cabinets (and minimal guidance).
And the challenges of the past few school years mean that your students may not have achieved the same outcomes they would have in a normal school year.
we need to show you something....
Jamie's students had the highest test scores in the school (!), and Sarah's students saw engagement unlike anything she's seen in years past ... despite the challenges facing many educators in the classroom today.
We're going to help you do the same!
hey there, friend!
We're Caitlin and Jessica
CO-FOUNDERS OF EB ACADEMICS
And this all started when we were both teaching ELA across the hall from one another at a school in L.A.
One summer, we launched an ELA camp to help students get ahead for the summer, using the frameworks we’d developed for our own classrooms. It was a runaway success, and we realized that we wanted to share what we’d discovered with other teachers.
Because frameworks didn’t just make us better teachers...
They also simplified our planning and grading processes, so we had time to do the other things in life. Like read bedtime stories to our kids, squeeze in a long run, or just sit back on the sofa with a new episode of Grey’s and a glass of Pinot Grigio.
We can't wait to guide you!
Which is why we’ve developed this community for ELA teachers who are determined to make sure that this school year is DIFFERENT.
The good news?
Everything in the EB Teachers’ Club is designed to work together. All of our resources use the same strategic framework designed for rigor, engagement, and outcomes.
Not only that, but through a technique we call “spiraling,” we periodically circle back to topics we’ve already covered, so that students never forget what they’ve learned.
What’s more, you have access to a group of funny, kind, and KNOWLEDGEABLE teachers who are using the same tools and systems in their classrooms.
Got a weirdly specific question about your state standards? Chances are high that someone in the Club has been there too and can give you the advice you need.
And one more thing: we like to have fun. No more dry-as-unbuttered-toast grammar exercises or one-pagers.
We know that keeping students engaged isn’t a “nice to have.” It’s a requirement.
"At the beginning of the year, my 8th graders were testing at 35% proficiency. Last week they took the same test and tested at 80%!!
I’ve been combining the lessons from EB Teachers’ Club with my HM Collections curriculum. My students have loved all of the activities we’ve done so far. They are looking forward to the descriptive writing unit for Halloween we will be doing in a couple weeks.
The professional development opportunities are incredible. I feel like I’ve grown so much as a teacher! Worth the investment. At the end of the day, you’re investing in yourself as a professional and in your students’ learning 💕 THANK YOU!”
Lindsay Jo, 7th and 8th grade
“My personal life is so much better balanced, and I’m not feeling guilty for ignoring my family and own kids any longer.
Students are getting high-quality work and a teacher more ready to focus and be full of energy because I didn’t spend the entire Sunday prior creating and planning all day. This helps me be a better teacher!"
Alicia Piascik, 6th grade, 10 years teaching
"I joined the Teacher’s Club and I started using some of the materials. There's so much support there, it blew me away.
I am seriously getting choked up as I am writing this. I hope you get letters from participants like this every day. I promise that I will not write to you and tell you about every single event that happens. I just need you to know that today I am thankful for what you have done for me, for my team, and for my students (but honestly, mostly for me).
Bless you both. As I replay my day, I had a calming morning drive, a great lesson with kudos from my principal, and I experienced no anxiety for the first time in my life when an admin came in my room. It was a good day."
Leslie Snyder, 6th Grade ELA Teacher, 26 years teaching
Here’s how the EB Teachers' Club works...
The first day of each month is the new Monthly Issue day! (We get to feel a bit like Oprah—YOU get an issue, and YOU get an issue, and YOU get an issue!)
We craft each monthly issue by pairing a vital ELA topic—based on the standards—with a fun theme. The activities within an issue can be used to cover multiple days of instruction.
Each month, you’ll also receive two coupon codes that allow you to download two resources from our extensive marketplace.
- Want holiday-themed writing prompts? We’ve got you. (Kids are obsessed with the gingerbread house unit.)
- Teaching The Outsiders? There’s a complete novel unit with everything from a scavenger hunt to a final assessment.
- Looking for a quick, engaging warm-up that will address all of the ELA standards (and isn’t as dry as a slice of two-day-old birthday cake)? Let’s talk bell ringers.
Need more? As a Teachers’ Club member, you get an additional 30% discount on all resources within our marketplace.
And because we know you can’t get enough grammar, we’ve also included tons of our grammar lessons full of engaging games with practical grammar instruction baked right in - all ready to go right in your memership.
The best part of the Teachers’ Club?
Hanging out with other middle school ELA teachers in our private online community. We're a positive group of teachers who truly support each other, all on the same mission: to impact students.
Downloaded a resource and need tips on modifying it for students below grade level? Looking for a novel that will keep your kids interested—and challenged? Having trouble with getting a file to load in Canvas?
This is your one-stop shop for all of the questions only another teacher can answer.
As we work toward creating even more solutions for serving your needs as a teacher, we know one of the biggest areas many teachers struggle with is their mental health and happiness.
Neill Williams, a certified Life Coach (who we have worked with personally for over two years) joins our EB Teachers' Club members once per month on zoom for coaching calls focused on a variety of topics, including How to Work Less, But Better; the CTFAR Method; a many, many more topics based on your teacher-specific needs.
As you face some of the more challenging aspects of teaching - from dealing with disgruntled parents, unmotivated students, and figuring out your own productivity hacks - Neill will be your go-to for making fundamental changes in your life.
PD That Helps
Many teachers fall into the trap of being REACTIVE when it comes to planning and instruction.
In other words: late on a Sunday night, you remember that you need to teach pronouns, so you hop onto that resource site and buy a worksheet that the kids can do in class. As in tomorrow at 8:47 AM.
We’ve created these trainings to break that buy, teach, throw away cycle and help ELA teachers become PROACTIVE in terms of how they approach writing as well as how they plan for the weeks and months to come.
The centerpiece is our unique framework, The EB Lesson Planning Approach. Inside, you’ll get a start to finish Batch Planning Boot Camp that covers:
- Your Scope and Sequence
- The Day-to-Day of Lesson Planning
- Crafting Into, Through, and Beyond Lessons
- Batch Planning Foundations
This is the heart of everything you do in EB Teachers’ Club—we’ll teach you exactly how to think through the school year, from your overarching goals to the no-stress planning technique that’s going to change. Your. Life. As in: leave your laptop in your classroom, ‘cause you’re done for the day at 4 P.M. It’s that good.
Each quarter, we’re bringing in rockstar educators to deliver live workshops on specific topics related to middle school ELA.
Here’s a sneak preview of who we've hosted in the past and who's coming up on the calendar:
- TedX Speaker, Monica Genta on “The Rooted Classroom: 3 Ideas to Engage in SEL”
- 8x TedX Speaker, Blake Fly on "Gratitude in the Classroom"
- Trevor Muir, Ashanti Branch, Gerry Brooks, and many more!
"I'm always ready for the next day! I'm not panicked about teaching in a couple of hours, because I know what I'm doing, I have it ready to go. Having taught for three years with EB to now, the time I've gotten back to be a better wife and mother is huge. I get to sit down and enjoy dinner with my family not thinking, 'Oh, I have all this to do.'"
"My admin sent me a message and talked to me in person about how excellent my classes were, how engaged the students were, and how they're so proud of 'the teacher I have become.'
The kids shine ever so brightly today and just capture everyone's hearts! I am so pumped for tomorrow!"
"Having taught three years with EB now, the time I've gotten back to be a better wife and mother is huge. I get to sit down and enjoy dinner with my family.
I've been trying to help my colleague with this [approach to teaching] because every day she's going home and spending three or four hours prepping her next day's lesson. She's like, “I'm so tired. I feel like a first-year teacher all over again.”
And I said...you don't have to be this exhausted.
I'm ready for the next day. I'm not panicked about teaching in a couple of hours, because I know what I'm doing, I have it ready to go."
– URSULA FAGERSTROM, Grades 9-10
But right now, you get everything for
Take a look around the Club for a week
- Access to 50 ELA Resources the moment you join
- 2 New Lesson Bundles every month (packed with 6 different lessons on a variety of ELA standards!)
- 2 Free Resources each month from the EB Resource Marketplace (after your first 7-days)
- Our EB Lesson Planning Approach Trainings
- The Grammar Bonus (6 hands-on grammar lessons + training)
- Monthly Coaching with Neill Williams
- Access to The EB Teacher Community with 5,000+ positive and supportive ELA teachers
- Quarterly Guest Speakers (think TedX Speakers Monica Genta and Blake Fly)
- 30% Discount for any additional resources
START YOUR $1 TRIAL
The EB Guarantee
We want you to feel comfortable about joining the EB Teachers’ Club (and let’s get real for a sec: we know that a lot of you are paying for this out of your own pocket.)
So here’s our promise to you: once you join the EB Teachers’ Club, you have 48 hours to watch as many videos as you want, check out lessons, and pay a visit to our Facebook group.
If you take a good look around and don’t think that it’s going to work for you, no problem!
We’ll refund your money within 48 hours—no questions asked.
Still Not Sure If It's The Right Fit?
You’ll get the most out of The Teachers’ Club if…
- You’re starting over on some level and want to get it right—on the first try. New school? New grade level? New subject area? The materials inside the EB Teachers’ Club will help make your transition a breeze.
- You’ve been teaching ELA for a while but you’re about to hit your limit. Spending six hours every Saturday planning for the next week? Perpetually sleep-deprived? Strained home life? It happens to the best of us. We want you to get back on track—without having to quit the profession that you’re passionate about.
- You KNOW you’ll benefit from more engaging lessons. Just like getting a new pair of shoes, introducing new lessons keeps teaching fresh and fun.
- You’re willing to invest a few hours up front to save lots more hours in the future. We’ll be totally honest: the best way to benefit from the EB Teachers’ Club is to sit down and work through Your Success Path (don't worry, we'll explain inside the club) right away so that you can start making progress. That’s where transformational change happens.
- You’re capital-d Done with scouring the internet for resources. A) It’s one of the biggest time sucks out there. B) Individual resources work fine to keep your classroom afloat for a single day, but they don’t work together. C) Buying one-off resources adds up...fast.
- You feel like you could do a better job teaching reading or writing systematically. Maybe your curriculum provides questions that students are supposed to answer in writing, but there’s no breakdown on how to do so. Your kids were frustrated with the “here, go!” and so are you. You know you need something far more scaffolded to make this work.
- You want each one of your students to leave your classroom a better writer than when they started. That’s really what this is all about—making sure the kids are learning valuable skills...without killing the fun and creativity that writing holds.
If you’re nodding along with at least 4 of the 7 points above...then you owe it to yourself to give The EB Teachers' Club a spin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the resources really that easy to unpack and use in class? (In other words: will this help or will it just be another “thing”?)
Are the materials included in the club really going to be rigorous enough for my middle school students?
Okay. But will my kids actually have fun? Because a lot of stuff I’ve tried is “fun-adjacent,” at best.
How will I be able to make your lessons work with my district-mandated curriculum?
Not all of my students are reading or writing at grade level. Will the material in the EB Teachers’ Club still work for me?
what are you waiting for?
Becoming an EB Teacher takes the guesswork out of lesson planning—we're going to help you teach reading and writing in a way that meets your state standards.
- If you want to take back your weekends (and your weeknights, too)...
- If you want your students to show up to your classroom pumped about what the day holds...and gushing about your class to their parents on the car ride home…
- If you want kids to walk away with writing skills that will follow them for the rest of their lives...
- If you want to make sure you’re covering all of those standards in the limited time that you have…
- If you want to feel confident that you’re providing a rich AND enjoyable learning experience....then you need the EB Teachers’ Club.
If you’re ready, we’re excited to hang out with you inside the club and make this school year your best one yet.I'M READY! SIGN ME UP!